Recipe by grandma2969
we like this with fresh corn out of the garden...this is adapted from cook's illustrated
Top Review by Lisa Gay
This was my first try at corn fritters. At 56, there aren't too many foods I can say that about :). They were very good both plain an dipped in some maple syrup. My hubby requested they be put on the "A" list. The only change I made was that I used milk instead of cream, because I didn't ave any cream. They still turned out great and we really enjoyed them. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 -4 medium ears of corn
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- cut kernels from corn.until you get 1 cup.
- grate 1-2 ears of corn on box grater, then scrape pulp -- -1/2 cup.
- put in a bowl with cut kernels, mix egg, flour, cornmeal, cream, onion, salt and cayeene into corn mixture to form thick batter.
- may refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in large skillet -- drop heaping tbslful into oil.
- fry till golden.about 50 seconds, flip and fry the second side.
- TO MAKE OUT OF SEASON FRITTERS:.
- Pulse 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and remaining ingredients in food processor.
- about 10 1 second pulses.
- it will be thick batter.fry the same way as fresh.