Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light Magazine. Easy to double and easy to prepare, this open-faced omelet is a good light main course. Smoked cheese is a fitting counterpoint to the sweet, fresh corn.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1⁄4 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a medium (ovenproof) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn and saute 5 minutes. Combine corn, 2tbsp. cheese, basil and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add corn mixture. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Broil 5 minutes or until set and browned.