Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original of this recipe was found in the 2004 cookbook, Raw Food for Busy People.
- 2 cups corn, divided (preferrably freshly cut from the cob)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely minced (optional)
- In the bowl of a blender, place HALF of the corn & then the water, tahini, scallions & pumpkin pie spice, & process until smooth. Add the rest of the corn & pulse several times, but don't process until smooth.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, then pour into 2 serving bowls & garnish, if desired, with the bell pepper & cilantro.
Easy and delicious!
I added garlic and I blended the cilantro and
red pepper instead of using it as a garnish.
The pumpkin pie spice adds a delish different kick.
This is a perfect taste of summer! I made it as directed, but did add some garlic and cayenne after tasting. This was just the thing for my raw food experiment, hearty enough to keep me on track. Made for Veg*an Swap, June 2010