Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
from Joy of Cooking
Make and share this Fresh Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Place bacon in soup ot ant sautee over med-low heat until fat is rendered and it starts to crisp, 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice kernals from corn cob and reserve both.
- Once bacon is ready, pour off all but 2 T of fat, leaving bacon and drippings in pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until slightly browned and tender, 10 minutes or so.
- Add corn cobs, milk and potatoes to pot, making sure to fully submerge the cobs in the milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes or tender, then remove cobs.
- Add corn kernels, salt and pepper and gently simmer until corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove about 1 and a half cups of solids from soup and puree until smooth.
- Add puree back to soup with the butter and let stand until butter is melted, then stir.