Recipe by Leslie in Texas
Served hot, this is a great accompaniment to any meal, especially good with grilled meats or BBQ. It's also good cold,served with sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and a chilled white wine. Originally from an August 1978 Bon Apetit that featured Fresh Ways with Corn.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter 2 quart rectangular casserole.
- Puree 1 cup corn with butter and eggs in blender or processor.
- Mix remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add puree mixture and blend well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes.
- *This may be prepared a day in advance and reheated before serving. It also freezes beautifully;defrost before reheating.