Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Southern Living recipe that I'm gonna try as soon as I can get to the store and get some fresh corn. I've always made corn cakes with canned corn but I know fresh will be much better. Posting b/c I am very good at losing (misplacing) recipes I cut out of magazines. :)
- In a food processor, pulse corn, eggs, milk, and butter 3 to 4 times or until corn is coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, cheese, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; do NOT overstir or beat.
- Spoon 2T batter onto a hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle to form 2" cakes; do NOT spread or flatten cakes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops of corn cakes are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn corn cakes over and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
These were great. My family loved them and I loved the fact there was no egg separating to beat egg whites! Quick and easy. Yum.
My husband saw this recipe in Southern Living and insisted that I make it (immediately!). I had some corn that I just picked from the garden and used fresh chives gotten from my neighbor's garden. These are really yummy and were such a hit with the kids too!