A Southern Living recipe that I'm gonna try as soon as I can get to the store and get some fresh corn. I've always made corn cakes with canned corn but I know fresh will be much better. Posting b/c I am very good at losing (misplacing) recipes I cut out of magazines. :)
My Private Note
corn ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, pulse corn, eggs, milk, and butter 3 to 4 times or until corn is coarsely chopped.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, cheese, chives, salt, and pepper.
- 3Stir in corn mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened; do NOT overstir or beat.
- 4Spoon 2T batter onto a hot, lightly greased skillet or griddle to form 2" cakes; do NOT spread or flatten cakes.
- 5Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops of corn cakes are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- 6Turn corn cakes over and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g