Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, August 2004
Make and share this Fresh Corn Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup cooked fresh corn
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- sour cream (for garnish)
- In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, and butter.
- Add egg mixture to the dry mixture, stir just to combine.
- Stir in corn, onion, and cheese.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drop in batter 2 teaspoons at a time, flip after 2 minutes and cook about 1 minute more.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, and garnish with sour cream.