Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, August 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 2In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, and butter.
- 3Add egg mixture to the dry mixture, stir just to combine.
- 4Stir in corn, onion, and cheese.
- 5Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 6Drop in batter 2 teaspoons at a time, flip after 2 minutes and cook about 1 minute more.
- 7Repeat with remaining mixture, and garnish with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 171.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g