Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, August 2004
Make and share this Fresh Corn Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, and butter.
- Add egg mixture to the dry mixture, stir just to combine.
- Stir in corn, onion, and cheese.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drop in batter 2 teaspoons at a time, flip after 2 minutes and cook about 1 minute more.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, and garnish with sour cream.