Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A salad that highlights your cheese of choice. Can be served as a light main dish or side salad.
Make and share this Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad With Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large ears fresh corn
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄2 head crispy lettuce leaf, washed drained and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled soft cheese (or more, feta, cheddar, bleu, camembert, brie, goat cheese, etc.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Husk the corn and remove and discard the silk. Rinse with cold water and set aside. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling ball. Drop in the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the corn to stand in the water for 5 minutes. Alternative cooking method: wrap corn in wax paper (not plastic wrap) and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain the corn and flood with cold water. Pat the corn dry with toweling. Using a sharp knives, cut the kernels from the corn, place into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices and thinly slice the onion.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter and place the tomatoes and onions on top in an overlapping pattern. Ladle the corn in the center of the platter. Chill the platter of vegetables for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and lemon juice. Stir in the cheese, chopped basil or cilantro, salt and black pepper and beat briskly with a fork or whisk until creamy and well-blended. Just before serving, drizzle the salad dressing over the corn and tomatoes and serve immediately.