1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A salad that highlights your cheese of choice. Can be served as a light main dish or side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large ears fresh corn
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 head crispy lettuce leaf, washed drained and chilled
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft cheese (or more, feta, cheddar, bleu, camembert, brie, goat cheese, etc.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Husk the corn and remove and discard the silk. Rinse with cold water and set aside. Bring a large pan of water to a rolling ball. Drop in the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the corn to stand in the water for 5 minutes. Alternative cooking method: wrap corn in wax paper (not plastic wrap) and microwave for 2 minutes.
- 2Drain the corn and flood with cold water. Pat the corn dry with toweling. Using a sharp knives, cut the kernels from the corn, place into a bowl and set aside.
- 3Cut the tomatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices and thinly slice the onion.
- 4Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter and place the tomatoes and onions on top in an overlapping pattern. Ladle the corn in the center of the platter. Chill the platter of vegetables for about an hour.
- 5Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar, garlic and lemon juice. Stir in the cheese, chopped basil or cilantro, salt and black pepper and beat briskly with a fork or whisk until creamy and well-blended. Just before serving, drizzle the salad dressing over the corn and tomatoes and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: