Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This simple salad of fresh tomatoes and sweet corn will breathe new life into your summer picnic or backyard barbecue. Pair it with grilled burgers or steaks for a simple weeknight meal.
Top Review by Debbwl
This salad is the best of all things summer! It is fresh, cool, and pretty with a nice clean flavor, who could ask for more? I did not time the blanching of the corn but as we like ours crisp would say I only blanched it for two to three minutes, also mixed everything and packed on ice for about an hour before serving and we all thought it was fabulous. Thanks so very much for the post, look forward to enjoying again.
- 5 cups corn kernels, sweet white (from about 7 to 8 medium cobs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes or 10 ounces red pear tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, small-dice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the corn kernels and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and place in the ice water bath until cool, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large, nonreactive bowl. While continuously whisking, add the oil in a steady stream until completely incorporated. Add the remaining ingredients and the cooled corn and toss until well coated. Serve.