Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so simple and delicious. It was on the Food Network ("How to Boil Water")
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked (about 4 cups corn kernels)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced (white and green)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Whisk the vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl.
- Toss in the tomatoes, scallions, and mozzarella.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and let set for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Before serving tear the basil over the salad and stir.
A friend shared this recipe with me and it is AMAZING! It has so much more flavor than you would think. It's very light and cool - perfect for the summer!
This is a very good & refreshing salad. I didn't have mozzarella cheese, so I used fresh shredded parmessan, it was still very easy & tasty!!
This salad is delicious, and the vinaigrette is easy to make and again, delicious! Thanks for sharing.