- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked (about 4 cups corn kernels)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced (white and green)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
- Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl.
- Toss in the tomatoes, scallions, and mozzarella.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and let set for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Before serving tear the basil over the salad and stir.