- 1 1⁄3 cups soymilk (or hemp, almond, rice)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In glass measuring cup, combine milk and vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, whisk together sugar and oil until well blended. Whisk in milk mixture until blended. Stir in corn and thyme.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 19-22 minutes.