1/1 Photo of Fresh Corn and Red Pepper Bisque
What a lovely combination! Found in Eating Well Newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 scallion, white and pale green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- hot sauce, such as Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 6 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add corn and garlic; cook, stirring often, until the corn is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add broth and simmer until the corn is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in salt and pepper.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer 1 1/2 cups of the corn mixture to a blender or food processor.
- 7Add sour cream and 1/2 cup cooking liquid and process until the mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 8Return the puree to the pan.
- 9Whisk in cornmeal; bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens.
- 10Add bell pepper, scallion, parsley (or cilantro) and hot sauce; heat through.
- 11Serve with lime wedges.
- 12*Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn and Red Pepper Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g