Recipe by Margie99
This is a batter bread made with corn but no cornmeal, I might be able to get my Dh interested in this one. I got this from a Home Cooking magazine. I am sure you could easily sub out frozen corn. I think you could also add some jalapeno to add some kick.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh cut from the cob corn
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease or spray an 8"x8" pan.
- In a medium bowl combine: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cheese and corn. In a small bowl, using a whisk, combine the eggs, milk and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mis just until the flour is moistened. The batter may be lumpy. Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes.