Top Review by ValFosburgh
I'm not sure if it was me or the recipe, but this was not what I expected. It was an eggy-custard type pie and all of the coconut floated to the top. It didn't even taste like a coconut pie to me.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and eggs together until fluffy.
- Stir in milk and butter.
- Mix well.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut and pinch of salt.
- Pout into pie shell and bake 30 minutes at 350.
- Make meringue of 4 egg whites,beaten stiff,1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Spread on pie,sprinkle with remaning coconut and bake at 300 for 15 minutes.