1 hr 20 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
I tried making this with bagged grated coconut...not good...BUT, if you have fresh coconut, DON'T miss out on this loaf!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, and continue creaming until very fluffy.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- 3Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 5Fold egg whites and coconut into batter.
- 6Cut waxed paper to fit two 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Grease pans add line with waxed paper.
- 7Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- 8Cool on racks before removing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Coconut Loaf Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2865.7
- Calories from Fat 1107
- Total Fat 123.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 1815.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 406.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 202.9 g
- Protein 39.9 g