Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried making this with bagged grated coconut...not good...BUT, if you have fresh coconut, DON'T miss out on this loaf!
- Cream shortening; add sugar gradually, and continue creaming until very fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold egg whites and coconut into batter.
- Cut waxed paper to fit two 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Grease pans add line with waxed paper.
- Bake about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Cool on racks before removing.