Recipe by campania
Everything is fresh, not canned, except the beans, of course. The cilantro and jalapeno peppers make it! ALWAYS goes over well as an appetizer. Given to me by a family member, who recently mentioned that she now adds a can of niblets corn to further improve the taste...
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for my other half to take along to one of the weekly meetings he attends & it was a big hit! During the prep, I also included a few things suggested by you (adding some corn) & Tink (letting some of the ingredients marinate for a while) & apparently it was all for the making of a great tasting salsa! Nothing like the satisfaction of others when you make something! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed as something of a post-PAC tag]
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together gently in a fair-sized bowl, but do not overmix or it will turn "murky" looking.
- Serve immediately, it does not store well.
- Serve with a spoon and Scoop chips.
- I am still playing with this recipe to get it the way I like. It definitely helps to have a ripe avocado!