Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everything is fresh, not canned, except the beans, of course. The cilantro and jalapeno peppers make it! ALWAYS goes over well as an appetizer. Given to me by a family member, who recently mentioned that she now adds a can of niblets corn to further improve the taste...
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- Mix everything together gently in a fair-sized bowl, but do not overmix or it will turn "murky" looking.
- Serve immediately, it does not store well.
- Serve with a spoon and Scoop chips.
- I am still playing with this recipe to get it the way I like. It definitely helps to have a ripe avocado!
Made this for my other half to take along to one of the weekly meetings he attends & it was a big hit! During the prep, I also included a few things suggested by you (adding some corn) & Tink (letting some of the ingredients marinate for a while) & apparently it was all for the making of a great tasting salsa! Nothing like the satisfaction of others when you make something! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed as something of a post-PAC tag]
What a delicious salsa! Hubby even said he liked all the different tastes of everything. I followed it exactly and will make it again! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This is a great salsa base. I made this as directed and after tasting added a bit of salt and pepper. Next time I'll probably use an extra jalapeno (personal preference), as it wasn't spicy with one. I think this recipe would benefit from marinating the black beans, lime juice, salt, pepper and the jalapenos for a couple hours. Then combine with the rest of the ingredients. Loved the cilantro being the star of the show! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe, campania! Made and enjoyed for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted!