Recipe by Grace Lynn
This is so simple and delicious! I've never had tomato sauce like this before. This is the only way I will make my fresh tomato sauce from now on!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe plum tomatoes, cut into large chunks about 16 small pieces per tomato
- 1 (2 ounce) canof flat anchovies packed in oil, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine everything in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish, mix well.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, wrinkled and starting to brown at edges.
- Serve over any kind of pasta you like.
- One time I added about 1 pound of peeled and deveined raw shrimp into the sauce right when it came out of the oven.
- Stirred it up and the shrimp was cooked in a few minutes!