Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so simple and delicious! I've never had tomato sauce like this before. This is the only way I will make my fresh tomato sauce from now on!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine everything in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish, mix well.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, wrinkled and starting to brown at edges.
- Serve over any kind of pasta you like.
- One time I added about 1 pound of peeled and deveined raw shrimp into the sauce right when it came out of the oven.
- Stirred it up and the shrimp was cooked in a few minutes!
So good - this is a keeper! I did add the shrimp at the end of the baking time, and it came out perfect. Served over angel hair pasta - delish!
I went searching for recipes to use up my abundant crop of fresh tomatoes and found this recipe. Fabulous! Almost as easy as opening a can and oh so much better! I'm with Grace--this is the one I'll make from now on. Can't wait to try it with shrimp or other goodies too.
This is so good, I consider it restaurant quality. The tomato season is over here so I used supermarket plum tomatoes which are so blah but the roasting brought out the most beautiful red color and flavor. Surprisingly, I couldn't taste the anchovies although they certainly added to the flavor. My husband commented that this is one of the best recipes I've ever made and since I have a passion for cooking, this was quite a compliment.