Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A butter stuffed chicken breast best served with rice or potatoes. You can also use boneless skinless thighs.
- 8 -12 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb butter
- 1⁄3 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic, rubbed
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄3 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon oregano
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Make the filling first by combining all ingredients in a blender and mixing well.
- Then place filling in Saran Wrap and kind of shape it like tubed cookie dough.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes while prepping the chicken breast.
- To prep breast, flatten them as much as possible with a rolling pin and pat dry.
- Prep your egg wash by beating the eggs and milk together very well.
- After butter is solid cut about 1-2 oz of it and place in center of chicken breast.
- Then roll the chicken around the butter, sealing it well.
- (IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT KIEVS BE SEALED. IF YOU HAVE ONE SMALL LEAK YOU WILL HAVE NO BUTTER FILLING.).
- (The chicken gets a little sticky when you flatten it you probably notice that when you dried it so if you rub the "stickiness" around the edges the "stickiness" cooks before the butter melt and helps seal the butter in; sorry for not saying that before).
- After sealing in the butter, dip the breasts in the egg wash and roll them in bread crumbs.
- place on a baking sheet or pan and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
I halved the recipe as there will only be three eating it. I couldn't find Saran wrap so I mould the filling with cling wrap. I used an egg replacer instead of real eggs. I also had trouble sealing everything so I sealed the chicken in a pan first instead of the oven. Cooked it at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes. The filling oozed out once I removed the toothpicks luckily it was on the plate I was going to serve it. Overall it tasted nice but a little fatty. Thank you winter rowand
i couldn't figure out how to seel the chicken