Recipe by Bev
I have found this to be an excellent way to serve whole wheat pasta. Of course you could use regular pasta if you prefer. Using cherry or grape tomatoes add a lot of flavor to this simple recipe. Throwing it together takes only minutes and makes a great weekday meal! Serve either as a hot meal or cold as a salad.
- 10 ounces whole wheat penne
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered (or grape tomatoes)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, slivered (or use 1 tsp dry)
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring pot of water to boil; cook penne according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, minced garlic and basil.
- Add olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drain penne; add to tomato mixture and combine.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and and serve chilled as salad.