Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on the web. Looks great and I am posting here for safekeeping!
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries (pitted) or 2 cups frozen sweet cherries (pitted)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- Chop cherries in food processor or with a knife. Combine all ingredients; mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
I had to throw this out & it really made me sad! It just wasn't good at all. I think the bell pepper & basil overpowered the cherries. It honestly just tasted too grassy. I served it at my 4th of July BBQ & no one ate it. I even let it sit over night to see if that would enhance the taste, just made it worse! So sorry, I really love fresh cherries & I wanted to like this so badly!