Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
I have never made a fresh cherry pie until I found this old farm journal recipe.It is sooo good.I will be making it a lot.
Top Review by Theresa/ Thunderbird
I'm sorry it didn't turn out right for you but I made it 3 times and it came out real good-Cherry Pie not sauce.Maybe you baked it to long or used the wrong kind of cherries,some have more juice than others.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (unbaked)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour (either kind)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops almond extract (optional)
- 4 cups pitted tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar,flour and salt.
- Add almond extract to cherries and toss with sugar flour mixture to mix well.
- Pour into pastry lined 9 inch pie pan.
- Put on top crust.
- Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.
- If edges brown too much cover it with aluminum foil.
- The syrup does bubble and may spill over a little so I set the pie on a cookie sheet then baked it.