Recipe by Cullinaryjudge
My husband never liked cherry pie, until I used fresh cherries.
Top Review by marilyn spirakus
this cherry pie is by far the best i have ever tasted and my family agrees. the slight hint of almond makes such a difference in the taste. it reminds me of my mothers cherry pie from long ago. this is definitely a keeper. my compliments to culinary judge. yummy.. George Washington would be proud.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place rolled out crust in bottom of pie place.
- Roll out top crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top.
- Place pie on foil lined cookie sheet, in case of drips.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until golden brown.