Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
My husband never liked cherry pie, until I used fresh cherries.
Make and share this Fresh Cherry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place rolled out crust in bottom of pie place.
- Roll out top crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top.
- Place pie on foil lined cookie sheet, in case of drips.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until golden brown.
this cherry pie is by far the best i have ever tasted and my family agrees. the slight hint of almond makes such a difference in the taste. it reminds me of my mothers cherry pie from long ago. this is definitely a keeper. my compliments to culinary judge. yummy.. George Washington would be proud.
Whoa... this pie is awesome! I made it for Father's Day, by request, and he was very pleased. He claimed it was the best cherry pie he has ever had! :) Thanks for posting. BTW, I added 1/2 tsp. of almond extract and it turned out great.
Made just as directed...turned out great!