Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fresh Bing cherries in season make this a scrumptious dessert.
Make and share this Fresh Cherry Balsamic Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups bing cherries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons water, hot
- 3 tablespoons flour or 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 pie crusts
- Wash and pit cherries (I used a cherry pitter gadget, but you can also use a paper clip to gouge them out).
- Place in large saucepan and mix with sugar, lemon juice, balsamic venegar, and 2 tbsp water. Cover and heat on medium high, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.
- Mix 3 tbsp hot water with 3 tbsp flour to form a paste. Slowly pour into cherry mix, stirring constantly, making sure there are no lumps. Let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare pie crust and line 2 pie plates. Pour cherry filling into both pie shells. Place top crust layer over filling, and remove excess around edges. Flute the crust and cut vents into the top (be creative and make fun patterns and shapes like cherries or hearts).
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.