Recipe by Lene
Oh, i love a bit of salsa verde. It translates simply as 'green sauce', and i may vary it frequently to include my favorite flavourings. This version is fantastic with most plain grilled or fried fish and is a perfect match for a fresh tuna steak. I like it quite rough, so i prefer to chop it by hand, but you can give it a quick blitz in the blender if you prefer.
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in salt
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 800 g tuna steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the anchovy fillets and capers on to a large board and, using a heavy knife, finely chop them. Place the chilli and garlic on top and chop again until finely minced.
- Scrape into a bowl and stir in the herbs, mustard, 3 Tbs of the oil and the vinegar. Season with black pepper and set aside.
- Preheat a ridged griddle pan. Lightly brush the tuna with tuna and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until just cooked through but still a little pink in the centre. Transfer to 4 serving plates and spoon over the salsa. Serve immediately.