Recipe by personalchef
My family would go on a camping/fishing trip every year. Hubby and the kids would get up at daylight and go fishing. I'd get up and start the campfire and the coffee. In less than an hour, the hubby and kidlets would return with a stringer of trout, and I'd get ready to cook 'em up.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 -6 fresh caught trout, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes into strips, aprox 1/4 inch thick. Slice onions into 1/4 inch slices.
- Warm oil in 1-10" skillet. Add potatoes and cook while turning for about 15 minute
- Add onions and continue cooking for about 15 more minutes. Put pan over low heat to keep warm.
- Dredge trout in flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm corn oil in a second 10" skillet. When oil is hot, add trout. Cook aproximately 5 minutes on each side.
- When trout is done, carefully lift onto the top of the potatoes in the other pan. Pour any juices over all.