Recipe by pixie stiz
This recipe resembles a quiche, but uses fresh vegetables as the main ingredients. It's so delicious, you will probably get requests for it often. I certainly do!
Top Review by Ruth Fink
This recipe is delicious. There is some work involved, but the end result is well worth it. I took it to a brunch, and it was gone within a short time, and everyone was asking for the recipe. I also served it with soup one night for a satisfying dinner meal.
Savory Pie Crust
- 2 cups herbed croutons, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Carrot Cauliflower Mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into small flowerettes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 dash dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the Savory Pie Crust by mixing croutons and melted butter in a 9" pie shell pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown@ 375.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes until golden.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese into prepared pie crust; add veggie mix.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk; pour over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes, until set.