Recipe by sherryinmo
Located this simple Caesar Salad from Epicurean.com. It caught my eye because it uses chopped boiled eggs rather than the traditional raw eggs. Also is easy and quick and healthy.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, washed, dried, torn into bite size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large lemon, halved
- 8 -10 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup crouton
Directions See How It's Made
- Place romaine lettuce in large salad bowl.
- Pour about 1/2 cup garlic flavored olive oil over the romaine.
- Toss gently.
- Add salt and pepper and toss slightly.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salad and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add chopped eggs over salad and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and cheese and toss again until leaves are well coated.
- Add croutons last and toss slight.
- Note: Cooking time is for boiling the eggs.