Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love this soup/ Got it from a family member.
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 small green cabbage, shredded very fine
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- In a large saucepan over med. Heat, saute onion in oil until translucent, about 3 min,.
- Add broth and potatoes. Bring to boiling; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minute
- Puree in a blender; 2 cups at a time.
- Return to pan, bring to a boil, add cabbage and cook 3 minute uncovered.
- Add salt and pepper.
- To serve; Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with thyme.
Wonderful, good-for-you soup. It was nice and tasty. I made this as written, except I skipped the pureeing before adding the cabbage; that was just my preference. I can imagine it would be thick and almost cream-like with pureeing that potato mixture. Either way, I think it's great. Thanx!