Recipe by Scarlett516
This is a simple bruschetta I learned to make at a cooking class.
Top Review by IngridH
This was pretty good. I added some salt and sugar to the tomato/onion/herb mixture, but thought it just needed a touch of something else, as my tomatoes were just grocery store variety, not garden fresh and sun ripened. I drizzled a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar over my slice (just a few drops) and that really brought the flavors out for me. I'd definitely make again when my backyard tomatoes ripen. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sweet onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice bread and place pieces on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Use a clean cloth to brush bread with olive oil. Place in oven for about 4-8 minutes or until tops are slightly crispy. Take out and flip.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, olive oil, oregano, basil, and parsley.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on each slice of bread, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until bottom of bread is browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.