1/1 Photo of Fresh Broccoli With Spinach Fusilli
Vicki in CT's Note:
Excellent fresh tasting pasta with no heavy cream sauce. I have also made with whole wheat pasta with excellent results. From the Joy of Pasta by Joe Famularo and Louise Imperiale. Serve with valpolicella or other dry medium bodied red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup beef stock (or broth, can sub veg stock to make vegetarian)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch lengths (steamed for 3-5 minutes and drained)
- 1/2 lb spinach fusilli (or plain fusilli)
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1In medium skillet heat olive oil. Saute onion and garlic 2 minutes. Add carrot and capers and cook 1 minute longer.
- 2Add beef stock and pepper flakes. Cook slowly for five minutes.
- 3Meanwhile cook fusilli al dente. Drain and return to pan.
- 4Stir in sauce and broccoli into pasta and HALF the cheese.
- 5Serve hot topped with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Broccoli With Spinach Fusilli
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 549.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.5 g