Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So tasty and simple to make. I always get rave reviews and recipe requests for this one. It has that nice crunch yet is so smooth and cool. Perfect for every day, those special occassions or when you need a "different" covered dish. It is even healthy! I allowed for a longer prep time than you may need.
- Wash and drain the broccoli and cut into flowerets.
- Save the stems.
- With a vegetable peeler peel the outside of the stems and cut into bite size pieces.
- (Discard the very bottom of the stems where it is thick and tough.) Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain and crumble.
- Mix together mayo, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and add bacon.
- Add sunflower seeds and mix so dressing covers all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate.