Recipe by Adopted Parisian
When I was asked to bring a salad to a bridal shower, I invented this salad with what I had in my kitchen. It is a crisp and delightfully unexpected combination of sweet, salty, and savory flavors. Not to be missed! Please note: cooking time does not include cooking bacon.
- 4 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces in large mixing bowl.
- Stir in mayo, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Slice grapes in half to allow juices to run and stir into salad.
- Stir in cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Transfer into large serving bowl and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.