- 4 -5 broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 7 dried red chilies, broken into pieces
- salt, as needed
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashew nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the broccoli and separate it into florets.
- Steam until just tender.
- In a large frying pan put the oil, mustard seeds, urad dal (split white), cumin seeds and dried red chili pieces.
- Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have started to pop AND the urad dal is a light brown color.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Add the steamed broccoli and stir to blend.
- Add salt to taste.
- Turn off heat.
- Garnish with the roasted cashew nuts.