Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't like cream soup recipes..this is great!
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, florets only
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated colby cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place onions and chopped broccoli florets ( leave them in somewhat bigger pieces) into boiling water and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 3 Tb butter and add salt, pepper, flour. Stir.
- Add milk , stirring until bubbly then add cream cheese and stir until throughly blended.
- Place broccoli/onion into a 9x9 pyrex baking dish ( spray with pam first). Pour sauce over . Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Uncover and place bread crumbs, mixed with melted butter, over top.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes.