These are packed with parsley to make your dog's breath smell great and they boast a stack of vitamin C and iron as well. My dog LOVES them. Sometimes I substitute pumpkin for the carrot. The water used will vary for every batch. Taken from Australia's Dr Harry's recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease 2 baking trays or line with baking paper.
- 2In a small bowl mix parsley, carrot, cheese and oil. In another bowl stir together flour, bran and baking powder. Then add the parsley mixture and stir well.
- 3Gradually add 1/2 cup water. Mix well, adding more water, if needed, to make the dough moist. Knead for 1 minute on a floured surface.
- 4Roll dough until it is 1cm thick. Use a small cookie cutter (bone shaped) or glass to cut as many bikkies as you can, re-rolling the scraps.
- 5Bake for 20-30 mins, or until biscuits are brown. Allow to cool on rack. These will harden as they cool.
- 6Store in airtight container for up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Breath Dog Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese