Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are packed with parsley to make your dog's breath smell great and they boast a stack of vitamin C and iron as well. My dog LOVES them. Sometimes I substitute pumpkin for the carrot. The water used will vary for every batch. Taken from Australia's Dr Harry's recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease 2 baking trays or line with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix parsley, carrot, cheese and oil. In another bowl stir together flour, bran and baking powder. Then add the parsley mixture and stir well.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup water. Mix well, adding more water, if needed, to make the dough moist. Knead for 1 minute on a floured surface.
- Roll dough until it is 1cm thick. Use a small cookie cutter (bone shaped) or glass to cut as many bikkies as you can, re-rolling the scraps.
- Bake for 20-30 mins, or until biscuits are brown. Allow to cool on rack. These will harden as they cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 months.