Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Martha Stewart recipe. I like spicy food so I would probably add some crushed red pepper.
Make and share this Fresh Breakfast Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 3.69 ml dried sage, crumbled or 1 t chopped fresh
- 1.23 ml dried thyme, crumbled or 1/2 t fresh chopped
- 7.39 ml maple syrup, pure
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2.46 ml canola oil
- In small bowl, mix pork, sage, thyme, syrup, nutmeg, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form patties.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add patties and cook until browned, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and flip patties. Cover and cook til cooked through, 5-8 minutes.