Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Martha Stewart recipe. I like spicy food so I would probably add some crushed red pepper.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled or 1 t chopped fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled or 1/2 t fresh chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple syrup, pure
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- In small bowl, mix pork, sage, thyme, syrup, nutmeg, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form patties.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add patties and cook until browned, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and flip patties. Cover and cook til cooked through, 5-8 minutes.