Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Down Home with the Neely's cookbook, they say this is the best one they have tried! The sugar topping adds a sweet crunch. Yum!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar plus 1 tbls. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (use pure!)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter, and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries gently with a spatula, and make sure batter is well mixed.
- In a small bowl, stir the brown sugar, cinnamon, and remaining tbls. of white sugar together.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup just over the top, and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon topping, and bake 10-15 more minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick stuck into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
FABULOUS MUFFINS! There were perfect, moist and flavorful with out being heavy or gummy. The topping adds a nice amount of sweetness and crunch without being overwhelming. I used frozen blueberries dusted in flour and salted butter, other this and cutting the recipe in half I made it as written. The half recipe made 8 which surprised me because I usually get fewer than recipes state. I will definetly make these again! Thanks Sharon for sharing :) Made for PRMRT
I can say from experience that all the rave reviews for this recipe are absolutely deserved! The recipe made 6 big muffins in my extra-large muffin tin. SO moist and delicious! Next time I'll remember to dust the blueberries in the flour mixture first, per some other reviews. And I'm Thinkin' I might add some lemon zest, too ... just a pinch. Everyone loved them. I'll definitely be making more soon!
We loved these!! Even better the next day, so moist. Thank you for sharing.