Recipe by s'kat
This is a great simple blueberry sauce that receives a nice tang from the addition of apple juice in place of the regular water. Great on cheesecakes, pancakes, or waffles. From epicurious.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Was gonna make this for a pancake topping, but things changed, & we used it over pound cake & frozen vanilla yogurt ~ OUTSTANDING & sooo easy! Definitely a sauce I'll be making again! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 1 lb blueberries (can use frozen, if so, make sure they are thawed and undrained)
- 10 tablespoons apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring blueberries, 1/2 cup apple juice and sugar to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Dissolve 1 Tablespoon cornstarch in remaining 2 Tablespoons apple juice and add to blueberry mixture.
- Add lemon juice.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly; simmer until thick, about 1 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.).