Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from the farmer's market today. This would be good on pancakes, waffles, cheesecake and ice cream...
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, 1/4 cup water, orange juice, and sugar; stir gently.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Gently stir into the blueberry mixture, so as not to mash the blueberries.
- Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon; 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in extract and cinnamon.
- Sauce can be thinned with water if too thick.
This sauce was to die for, and I'm not a huge blueberry fan! I found these gigantic blueberries in the store and chose to use them in this recipe and I'm glad I did. I loved the hint of orange and cinnamon in this sauce. It was a delicious outcome for such a quick and easy recipe. I will definitely put this in my keepers! ZWT9
Very good. Made this to top Orange French Toast. Each complemented the other, both having orange in them. This had just a bit too much OJ I would have liked more blueberries to the sauce ratio. Yes I know it is a sauce. It was delish. Thanks.