Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Got this recipe from the farmer's market today. This would be good on pancakes, waffles, cheesecake and ice cream...
Top Review by Chef PotPie
This sauce was to die for, and I'm not a huge blueberry fan! I found these gigantic blueberries in the store and chose to use them in this recipe and I'm glad I did. I loved the hint of orange and cinnamon in this sauce. It was a delicious outcome for such a quick and easy recipe. I will definitely put this in my keepers! ZWT9
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, 1/4 cup water, orange juice, and sugar; stir gently.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Gently stir into the blueberry mixture, so as not to mash the blueberries.
- Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon; 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in extract and cinnamon.
- Sauce can be thinned with water if too thick.