Got this recipe from the farmer's market today. This would be good on pancakes, waffles, cheesecake and ice cream...
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, 1/4 cup water, orange juice, and sugar; stir gently.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Gently stir into the blueberry mixture, so as not to mash the blueberries.
- Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon; 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in extract and cinnamon.
- Sauce can be thinned with water if too thick.