1/2 Photos of Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Got this recipe from the farmer's market today. This would be good on pancakes, waffles, cheesecake and ice cream...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, 1/4 cup water, orange juice, and sugar; stir gently.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- 4Gently stir into the blueberry mixture, so as not to mash the blueberries.
- 5Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon; 3-4 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, and stir in extract and cinnamon.
- 7Sauce can be thinned with water if too thick.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g