Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe came from the cookbook Simple Elegance and it is so good! I always double the whipped cream mixture. I did not include chilling time in the prep or cook time.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Excellent! I don't make a lot of recipes more than once (so many recipes, so little time!), but I do have a handful that I make again and again, like during blueberry season every year. This will be one of them. I've always thought it a shame to cook down beautiful fresh berries into a pie or other dessert and this is the perfect solution. Used Mean Chef's Classic Pie Crust #26205 which was sublime. I doubled the cream mixture and while it is very good, next time I will follow the recipe, just because I prefer a lot of blueberry flavor. I'll also cut the salt to 1/8 t. So good! Thanks, Lvs2Cook, for a fabulous recipe!
- 1 pastry shells, baked
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh only
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan.
- Blend in water and 1 cup blueberries.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until very thick.
- Stir in butter and lemon juice. Cool slightly.
- Fold in remaining berries.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Beat heavy cream until thick, add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread whipped cream over the bottom of baked pie shell.
- Top with blueberry filling. Chill 1-2 hours before serving.