Recipe by A Messy Cook
I love love love blueberries, especially in the summer! When I next have the opportunity to pick fresh berries, I want to make this recipe. It is a bit different from the typical muffin recipe, and I'm sure it will be absolutely delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed blueberries
- 2 cups whole fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease both muffin cups and tops of muffin tins around cups.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to butter mixture.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups and sprinkle tops with sugar and nutmeg mixture; bake about 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Cool 30 minutes before removing from tins.