Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this recipe last night and thought it had the best flavor. The blueberries had just the right amount of juice and the topping was crisp and sweet. I thought I would post it so others could enjoy too.
- 4 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large baking dish, combine blueberries, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons flour and sugar; toss gently.
- In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients except margarine.
- With fork or pastry blender, cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- If desired, serve with frozen whipped topping, thawed.
Incredible! I had a ton of gorgeous organic blueberries to use and this was the perfect recipe. My entire family gobbled it down. Omitted the nutmeg cause it's not my favorite and used rolled oats instead of quick. I really liked that this recipe relied more on fresh fruit than loads of sugar and butter, though you'd never realize it was more healthy than other recipes. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very easy to make and went together in no time. I used Williamette Valley Fruit Company blueberries. Loved that this recipe is also low cal/low fat.