Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons shortening or 3 tablespoons nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl or measuring cup.
- Blend completely until smooth.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat an 8-inch (20cm) non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- melt about 1/2 tsp (3ml) shortening in the skillet until very hot.
- Tilt pan back and forth to fully coat bottom.
- Alternatively spray the pan with cooking spray before heating.
- Pour in just under 1/4 c (60ml) batter with 1 hand, tilting it around in a full circle as the batter hits the pan.
- Replace the skillet on the heat.
- Using a flexible spatula,gently lift an edge when you see tiny bubbles on the surface of the crepe and when the edges start to turn brown (this will take only seconds per crepe). When the underside is golden brown flip it over shaking the pan to settle the crepe evenly on the skillet.
- Cook another few seconds until golden brown.
- Slide onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Place another paper towel and repeat process until batter is used up.
- Make sure the pan is always hot and a tiny amount of shortening coats the pan between crepes.
- Crepes can be filled with berries and cream then rolled or folded up into halves or quarters.