Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Bet your tongue is blue after eating this one! Careful, if you eat all of it you might turn into Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!
- 473.19 ml fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk (you can use fat free)
- 9.85 ml lemon zest
- 177.44 ml cold butter, plus
- 29.58 ml cold butter
- 473.18 ml Bisquick, divided
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- 473.19 ml blueberries or 453.59 g frozen blueberries
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Combine blueberries with sweetened condensed milk and lemon peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl cut in 3/4 cups of butter into 1 1/2 cups of bisquick until crumbly. Stir in blueberry mixture and spread in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut remaining 2 tbsp of butter into remaining 1/2 cup of bisquik and 1/2 cup brown sugar until crumbly. Add nuts and then sprinkle mixture over top of cobbler.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream and blueberry sauce.
- FOR SAUCE:.
- In a saucepan mix 1/2 cup of hot water with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Whisk until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until thickened.
- Serve warm over cobbler and ice cream.
This dessert wasn't too sweet, unlike many blueberry recipes, so the fresh taste of blueberries really came through. I don't eat transfats, so I made my own version of Bisquik (1 cup mix = 1 c flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter).
I made this for Father's Day dessert. It was wonderful. I did use the FF condensed milk, it turned out very rich and delicious. Thanks for sharing Lisa
Wonderful! I made this for thanksgiving 2007 because my daughter is allergic to pumpkin and apple. EVERYONE ate it up. I served it with cool whip and canned blueberries to make it a little easier, I ran out of time and it was excellent. Will definetly make again!!!