Recipe by Sherrybeth
Bet your tongue is blue after eating this one! Careful, if you eat all of it you might turn into Violet from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!
Top Review by StickyToffee
This dessert wasn't too sweet, unlike many blueberry recipes, so the fresh taste of blueberries really came through. I don't eat transfats, so I made my own version of Bisquik (1 cup mix = 1 c flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter).
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (you can use fat free)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups Bisquick, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint blueberries or 16 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine blueberries with sweetened condensed milk and lemon peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl cut in 3/4 cups of butter into 1 1/2 cups of bisquick until crumbly. Stir in blueberry mixture and spread in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut remaining 2 tbsp of butter into remaining 1/2 cup of bisquik and 1/2 cup brown sugar until crumbly. Add nuts and then sprinkle mixture over top of cobbler.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream and blueberry sauce.
- FOR SAUCE:.
- In a saucepan mix 1/2 cup of hot water with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Whisk until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until thickened.
- Serve warm over cobbler and ice cream.