Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy Cobbler for Brunch
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add in milk and butter; stir to combine.
- Spread batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup sugar and drizzle with vanilla.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Can serve plain or with ice cream on top.
Not my idea of a "cobbler. The blueberries stayed on top and the bottom was cakey and dry. Throwing it in the trash. What a waste of my time and ingredients!
I thought this was very good. Not fantabulous but very good and easy too. I'll make it again. I think 1/3 cup sugar over the top was too much. I liked the effect the sugar gave it but could easily be achieved with 1/2 that amount of sugar.
Mine looked exactly like the picture...it was good-but definately not great if cobbler is what you have in mind. It should not be called cobbler because it was literally a cake with blueberries in it. It was dry. It would make an excellent breakfast cake or something like that. Would recommend as a cake or to make for breakfast...but it was definately no cobbler. Sorry.